Each day, Universal Studios hosts a series of revolving dance parties. Every 30 minutes, typically beginning at 10:00am (check your park time guide for exact start times), one of four different dance parties greets guests at the Character Party Zone in the street in front of the Hollywood Make-Up Show. Parties begin every 30 minutes until the Superstar Parade occurs in the afternoon.
The Hop Superstar Dance Party features characters from the movie Hop, dancing Candy Girls, and a large float designed to look like a candy factory. The dance party begins with a five-minute dancing and drum event featuring pogo stick performers that leap high into the air. Afterwards, a meet-and-greet session begins with all characters and performers. After 15 minutes, the party leaves so that the next party can begin after a 10-minute break.
Who Can I Meet?
- E.B. and Mr Bunny
- The Pink Berets: Patch, Bit and Fluffy
- Phil and Carlos
- A variety of performers, including Candy Girls, Pogo Stick Jumpers and the Drum Squad
- Since attending this event, Alana is obsessed with the movie Hop and we typically watch it at least once each night at home.
- B. and Mr Bunny are the most popular characters, so target their line first.
- The Pink Berets all meet together on a vehicle closest to the gates.
- The Drum Squad often stands to the side, so it’s easy to get a great group shot. One drummer recently helped Alana learn how to properly use drumsticks to beat the drum.